Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2017

I Think It's Time To Stop Mothering

For the first time in a very long time I have felt prompted to run to my computer for a blog post. An actual blog post about my real life and my real family. Perhaps it's because for the first time in a long while I have felt revisited as the Mom of the Perpetually Grounded.

My Littlest is no longer little. She is a 21 year old adult who graduated high school, has applied to college and is, as weird as it seems, a Retired Marine Corps. Veteran....who apparently doesn't know her address. When she was a child she resisted learning ours much to our frustration and once to a disgruntled mother, who was foolish enough to rent a limo for an 8 year old childs birthday partys, rage. I'll never forget her screeching from the school parking lot where I finally met them, Your Child Doesn't Know Where She Lives! Well, yes, actually she did. If they had listened to her accurate directions they would have found it easily enough but they didn't know that they didn't actually know where our street is. Nobody knows. It's complicated, but anyway, that is only part of this issue.

My 21 year old lives in Virginia. She has her own house. She has a boy. She has a bird. She has a bank account. She got a loan all by herself and bought and insured a car...using Our Address. As a result, and much to my stress and distress I've been getting important, time sensitive paperwork delivered here, that I then have to re-mail back to Virginia. (Just for reference, I call, she tells me to open and read mail, and then I send, email a copy or trash it according to instructions). Over the weekend she received some very crucial paperwork that needed to be signed regarding her loan. Of course I went into panic mode. I couldn't mail it till Tuesday because of the holiday, and wasn't going to spend 23 bucks for overnight but I compromised with Priority 2 day. I made sure she knew that it should arrive this morning. To be on the lookout. Because it was IMPORTANT! And I'm a mother and I want everything to go smoothly for her. Because if it doesn't I stress and worry about it. I can't stop.

So anyway. I was working at a job site today but around 12:30 I sent a text to see if it had arrived. She replied, "not yet". I reminded her to check the porch it might not fit in the mailbox. At 4:30 I was home and immediately on walking in the door checked the tracking. "Delivered in or at mailbox at 11:30", it said. So I called. Did you get it? Not the last time I looked, she says. When was that, I ask. A few hours ago, she says. Could you check please, I ask? It says it was delivered before you looked last time. I need to know if it's missing so I can report it, I Panic. I'm kind of busy doing something right now, she says. I'll let you know when it comes. So I hang up. And proceed to panic. And google what to do if it's missing but says delivered. (no answers by the way). And panic. About what will happen if she doesn't have that paperwork and it doesn't get taken care of and.. And.. AND...and a couple hours later I just know she's goofing off. I bet anything she's goofing off. I am sure she is Blowing Me Off. So...

Littlest has a Tumblr blog. I try not to look at it too often to give her some privacy but every now and then I check it out. So I hit that link. And there it was. A reblogged post entered just 15 minutes before. A video. A very special video. This Video.





And it's tagged. Do you know WHAT it's tagged? It is tagged...

IMPORTANT!

 I'm done that's what I am.





Copyright 2011-2016 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Peeked!