Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Yes, That's All I'm Ordering

I like rice

But I eat it with a fork

No dropping grains to waste upon the sands of unswept floors from clumsy finger gymnastics upon the wooden parallel bars between the thumb and forefinger

Drop

Drop

Like water dripping from a faucet

One. Every few minute like mouthfuls.

Simple and unadorned.

Alone in it’s bowl a peasants feast.

We need no Mu Shu pork here!

No two faced chicken twisting our taste buds in a cacophony of sensation that leaves us confused, our tears rinsing  sauce from our lips as we cry out, What is it?

Sweet?

Sour?

I no longer know what I feel

Between my teeth, is it broccoli?

A tiny green bulb in a corner molar

MSG

gives me a migraine.


© 2011 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

2 comments:

  1. Me, too! (and aspartame makes me violently ill)

    Oh, and I'm too uncoordinated for chopsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice with a fork. For sure. But with a spoon. Much better.

    ReplyDelete

You Peeked!