Friday, September 16, 2016
Moon Musings
So. My sister got Ancestry.com and then gave me total access to it to play as I wish and I'm having a blast and am like a kid in a candy store and almost completely filled out our American tree...and basically didn't leave much for her to do. But I'm the baby and she's my big sister so it's o.k.. Anyway...in light of the light of the moon...I found the death record for my Great Great Grandmother who died at the age of 32. It's very sad and I've taken her to heart and feel like it's my mission to have her remembered. Especially because of the location where she passed away.
Yeah...THAT explains A LOT.
Merry Mooning : )
Copyright 2011-2015 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
At Home with Ms. G.
(7)
Biggest Stories
(1)
Breaking My Own Rules
(4)
Bursts of Enthusiasm
(9)
Cheesy Goodness
(3)
FRUSTRATION
(6)
Go USA
(5)
Happy Thoughts
(1)
Hormone Holidays
(1)
I HATE JULY
(1)
Indelible
(10)
Just Don't
(3)
Littlestisms
(6)
Middlest Moment
(3)
Middlest Stories
(1)
No. I'm Not Drunk.
(2)
Now That's Bad Poetry
(2)
observation
(3)
Oh Hell It's Spring.
(2)
Sad Facts
(8)
Scream Stop
(6)
she's posting music videos again
(22)
there she is with the kids again
(5)
Unrequested sharing of limited talents
(1)
What's Wrong With Your Kids Again?
(2)
Work? What?
(9)
Yay Weather
(2)
You hear that Elizabeth I'm comin to join you Honey
(1)
You know it is...
(2)

Uh oh. I had to click on it to read it, but then I could tell. Trying to imagine what that was like. Doubt it was good.
ReplyDeleteI imagine it was awful. 1880's weren't known for the standards. From what I read this institution was overcrowded at the time. Not to mention, what was she there for? In those days she could have been truly ill or was just being "different". God knows my family tend to be "different" lol. and crazy, but whatever. Poor thing died from coughing up blood, didn't say from what.
DeleteWow! There is a story there. Aren't you anxious to know the whole thing?
ReplyDeleteSadly I will never know the story. It was 133 years ago and no one passed down any peep about it. My Great Grandmother was about 12 when she passed. My grandmother told my mom at some point that she had a German grandmother that took care of her when she was very small. I have found that the GG-Grandfather did remarry another German woman so it is probably her step grandma that she remembered. I believe I found Elizabeth buried alone in a Lutheran cemetery and the rest of the family is in a different one. For some reason it just pisses me off.
Delete