Texts from my adult daughters. Because I'm really not that interesting and this is still what my life revolves around. But it's kind of fun to realize that though they're grown and on their own they are very much the same people I started my original blog with in 2009.
My youngest is attending a multi armed forces training facility. She is living in a dorm with a handful of other female Marines as well as Navy and Army students. They are all there for serious study much as they would be at a college and are expected to show the highest level of maturity and professionalism. My daughter comes by this naturally. Though it's true that she has changed in that her self assurance has become even stronger. She is a very serious minded young lady who...has a secret penchant for frivolity. I worried that she would lose this little piece of herself within the important nature of her future. I hear nothing about the skills they are learning but the other day we exchanged these messages.
Lit: Half my clothes keep getting stolen
Me: How?
Lit: at the laundry
Me. You need to stay with it.
Lit: I don't have time. I have classes and other important sh- to do.
3 tank tops and on a creepy note, two pairs of brand new underwear from Victoria's Secret which were expensive as hell and who the ever loving F--- would take someones panties? that's disgusting.
I refrained from asking why she needed VS underwear and if she was wearing it under her uniform...
Lit: And it's Navy girls stealing this sh--
Me: You can't trust anyone. You need to watch it.
Lit: I don't trust anyone but it's not my room mates it's the Navy girls on our floor. we're the only Marines. Everyones sh-- has gone missing since last week.
Me: Call the MP's..haha don't hit me..
Lit: Army is worse but they have yet to steal my panties The Navy has No Standards. They are HEINOUS
Me: Just make sure your panties aren't run up the flagpole.
Lit: Wouldn't be a problem if they were-they were cute as all hell..
Yeah...that's my girl...
My Oldest is a Mama now but still takes time to consider the world around her.
Biggest:
What are these things? The big one is the Momma and she's had the little ones on this plant the past week. If you come close she kicks her feet and they all run and get behind the leaves.
Me: I have no idea but they're creepy. Pretty sure I saw them in "Men In Black"
Biggest: I don't wanna get rid of them because she's been taking such good care of them..
Yeah....that's my girl...
My Middlest? Sends art.
And also that's she's very proud to be promoted to Manager at the restaurant she works for. A slightly less starving artist now. And she has a strong desire to be 'in charge.' Though it's always been a thought at the back of my mind that, as a passive aggressive control freak, it's a possibility that letting go and breaking out of her tendency to underachieve might ultimately result in World Domination.
We'll see what happens... Oh and she's engaged......
cause yeah..that's my girl...
And no matter what they have met with in life it has become apparent that, My Littlest is still a curmudgeon with a great sense of humor and a filthy mouth. My Biggest is still the caretaker of all the creatures of the world and my Mid, is still my Middlest, truly, some things never change : )
Copyright 2014 All Rights Reserved by Ms. G.


Where is the young lass stationed? My nephew is in some kind of language training in Monterrey.
ReplyDeleteEmail Sent. Semper Fi!
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing to watch as your kids turn into adults. My son keeps trying to revert back to his childhood; at 21 he needs to understand IT's OVER. The daughter is so on the ball it's scary - already has her life planned out, and NOBODY is going to stop her ... she tells me this daily.
ReplyDeleteMotherhood never truly ends, does it? ;)
I know the feeling. We actually have tried to get our Middlest to live at home because it would make it so much easier for her to get ahead but she knows herself well. She's told us outright it makes it too easy to revert to acting like a kid.
ReplyDeleteYour daughter sounds like my Littlest-She will be Just Fine : )!
They are so cute. Hearts of gold and inner strength steel. Each and every one unique in all their quirks. I know you are so proud of them all and you should be.
ReplyDelete:-)
I am. Could use a bar of soap for the one ... ; )
Deletei guess sometimes it is good to know that things sorta stay the same. and then well at other times i guess not.
ReplyDeletehaven't forsaken ya MOTPG. just been busy with house stuff. oh and Big'K got accepted to a program to head to college two years early. ARGH!!! hopefully will update the blog soon. but figured i would head this way and say hi! catch up on what i have missed.
Hey there, please ignore the Marine Corps arrogance above. I think they brain wash it in to them at boot camp.
DeleteBig'K!, but that's Wonderful! Hard for Mama I know but what a girl! She'll have endless opportunities. I know You're PROUD! : D
Yes, Earth Mama-that's my Biggest : )
ReplyDeleteAnd yes they do! Yuck-Just Yuck, washed or not!