Pages

Friday, May 16, 2014

Just In General


Things I saw while traveling for work last week.

1. A tall, skinny, very old man shuffling in little steps down a sidewalk, wearing tan shorts and a white polo shirt with fluorescent lime green tennis shoes and pulling a zebra striped wheeled back pack.

2. A chick in her 50's wearing super short hot pants and thigh high gray snakeskin, 6 inch stiletto heel boots with tassels. Riding a Harley.


Things I've pondered this week, while watching my granddaughter, cause Biggest needed a sitter for a few days.

1. Who was the genius who decided battery operated swings were an awesome idea as opposed to the old hand crank style-that always worked as long as you had hands.

2. If PBS honors his memory so much, Where The Hell Is Mr. Rogers? And why is Daniel Tiger now an animated extrovert with his own neighborhood?

3. My own mortality.


Things I did this week.

1. Took care of the baby

2. Played with the baby

3. Thoroughly enjoyed the baby.

4. Looked into her eyes and smiled and cried at the same time.


Things I didn't do this week.

1.The laundry

2. Make my bed

3. Get dressed

4. Take my meds


Things I felt this week.

1. A little tired

2. A little worried

3. A little blue


What I'll do next week.

1. Play with stones.

2. See the peerless shade of green that is The Smokies in the spring.

3. Smell the sweet soft green in the air.

4. Find the river.

5. Find myself

I'm sure I'm under a rock somewhere.



UPDATE: Well never mind. Change of plans. Can't go after all.
SIGH-Just stick with my song I guess : (









Copyright 2011-2013 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

4 comments:

  1. Find the river; I think I need to do the same! And yes, whomever got rid of the crank swings needs to be spanked.
    Imagine if all of us wise (better than "older") women met one day by a river on accident. I'm sure a riot would break out - the good kind!
    ... as for those hot pants. That woman definitely needs to find a river! UGH! That stopped being pretty when she hit 23.
    Loved the observations LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There'd be dancing in the woods : )

      That chicks heels were making me a nervous wreck. She was in front of us and there were hovering right above the road. If she'd hit a pebble in the road with one it would have been a horror show! I considered she didn't have brakes and used them to dig in with when she wanted to stop.

      Delete
  2. I don't get it. How are the battery operated swings not ..... oh, did the batteries die? That sucks.

    I'm having some weird hormonal thing. My hair and skin feel weird and I feel heavy. Passing you cookies as we hide under the rock together, preparing to emerge when we good and damned well feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they died. And yes I parked the baby in a swing in front of a tv cause Grandma was tired! But that's ok cause it was PBS ; )

      Haha, Grabbing my milk!

      Delete

You Peeked!