Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

This is a Really Sad Story

A few years ago I was under a whole lot of stress and going a little nuts taking care of my mom and I lost a lot of weight. Don't hit me. I'm 5'3 and before this topped out at about 133. But anyway, as long as it happened without a lot of effort I decided to start taking care of myself and working out and enjoyed a whole new wardrobe of clothes in an obscenely small size. Now as much fun as it was to have a waist I had loose skin issues and when total strangers began to remark on how thin I was I decided it would do no harm to have a few cookies. That was two years ago.

Last summer I had to buy a few more things in a slightly larger but still pleasantly petite size.

Ok. Now as if it wasn't depressing enough that yesterday I decided to set aside my real shoes and put on flip flops, this morning as I was doing my housework determinedly wearing my chenille sweater and yoga pants i realized this wasn't a hot flash and it wasn't going to go away. So I Had To Get Out Shorts! AND THEN!
I had to put them back and go to the garbage bag at the back of my closet and pull out my Pre-Crazy size shorts. And put them on.

And then.....

I LOOKED DOWN AND SAW MY LEGS!!!!

Littlest is typing this for me as I am now totally blind and have no idea whether I will ever regain my sight.
It may be a good thing they don't use braille on cookie packages.

4 comments:

  1. short season is so brief here, it's hardly worth shaving for. I think every year my "as short as I'll go" gets about an inch longer. Pretty soon I'll be like my mother and never bother with anything higher than capris!

    I had the "same" weight thing happen to me after babies ( i know, i know, you're supposed to get fatter, but between nursing and stress, I was VERY thin for awhile) Then, I too decided some extra chips and pizza wouldn't hurt me.... my pleasantly petite size keeps creeping up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!

    and now I'm going to sit down on my blogbutt and cry with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this same sad story too, except for the weight loss interlude. I'm 5'2 and have never been much over 120, until menopause gave me a menopouch and almost 10 extra pounds. I have no wish to look like Humpty Dumpty in my golden years. I just shaved my legs for the first time in forever, they were scary before, but now they're just sad, all white and veiny. When did that happen?? Oh, it sucks to get old...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladies: I don't know which is sadder. My still too loose-got no butt size 4's or my, what is that erupting out of the waistband? size 2's. I am built like a box which means I can have a nice curve to my waist if I lose enough to have absolutely no curves anywhere else or I can gain enough to have a lovely curve to the bust and hips that you can't distinguish from my waist. I'm pretty good about shaving but usually have dull blades because I forget to replace them. The whiteness is staggering because we spend more time than we should in the sun and every year I risk my life to get rid of it. "I used to have Really Good legs....used to...that's the "it sucks to get old part."

    ReplyDelete

You Peeked!