Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2020

In Regards to Florida's Covid 19 Numbers

I've been seeing alot of twittering about FLORIDA STUPID PEOPLE and the rising numbers over the last 2 weeks, coming on the heels of a staggered reopening.

No one is listening but I have to get this off my chest.

I live in a small coastal town in North Florida. Our numbers doubled in the past week.

I went into my home at the end of the 1st week of March and did not emerge until the 2cd week of June. We shut our business down for 2 months. When my husband and other family members, friends and neighbors did venture out, they socially distanced, used santizers, and washed their hands. We wiped our groceries with lysol wipes, left mail and packages out in the sun and delayed bringing them in the house, then sprayed them with lysol. Clothes were changed on entering the house and deposited immediately in a washer, shoes were left out and also lysol sprayed. I couldn't have my kids over and couldn't hug or even see my grandaughter for 3 months.

We took every precaution available. When I finally emerged, still being careful, still distancing, mask wearing, santizing and scrubbing, and hit my local roads, what did I see?

I saw license plates.
I saw:
Delaware
Connecticut
New Jersey-4 separate so far
New York
Illinois
Washington State
Virginia
Georgia
North Carolina
South Carolina
Vermont
Kentucky
Texas
Kansas
Pennsylvania
Indiana
and more, those are just the ones that burned into my brain with fury,

and not just on the roads. Parked at my local grocery store. The people in my area including the nearby larger city did a great job trying to nip this in the bud and were succeeding.

I have 3 siblings in their 60's, all with health problems. They are afraid to leave their homes and I'm very worried for them. One of my sisters has COPD and lives in an apartment. The unit next to her is being used as an Air BNB and she's had a constant parade of out of out of state visitors for weeks now.

As of today there are 111 NON RESIDENT POSITIVE CASES in my county.

So my message to people around the country running their mouth about "Florida trying to kill everyone", my answer is this.

Fuck You.

Oh, and stay your ass at home in your own state too. Then maybe we can get on with moving forward here.






Copyright 2011-2020 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

5 comments:

  1. Florida, along with southern coastal states, is one of America's playgrounds. I live in North Carolina and people couldn't wait to get to NC beaches (and Myrtle Beach, SC) as soon as the beaches opened. The number of cases here has also gone up. I only leave my house once a week to get groceries. I wear a mask, keep my distance, wipe everything down, sanitize, etc. And now my son and daughter-in-law are sick. She got it at her job (a coworker was sick) and my son got it from her. :-/ I'm so sick of all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Someone is still out there. Hey Niki : ) Sometimes it's just nice to be heard. So thanks for reading my rant. I hope your son and daughter in law are better soon. My Middlest had it in April and was pretty sick and her husband had a very mild case but they are fine now. I agree with you, I'm sick of it too. The beaches are somewhat crowded here but apparently the main problem was people couldn't behave themselves in bars! UGH
    Stay Well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog has been on the bloglist on my blog for years. :-) It was nice to see a new post. I only have one friend who comments on my blog anymore, but it's mostly kind of an online journal for me. I'm glad your family is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I remember! I thought, anyone who likes Austen and the moon is A-OK with me. Pretty sure I pestered you until you responded because that's how I make friends ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I unfriended half the Canadian East Coast on Twitter a few weeks ago for this same thing - one idiot anti-masking protest in Toronto and a bunch of Maritimers saying why should Ontario get any help if we're all morons. I was surprised at how hurt and angry I was. It's been really hard to maintain any kind of belief in the good of humanity throughout this.

    ReplyDelete

You Peeked!