Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Never the Same. Never Forget.


A couple weeks ago I went to the store. I am guilty sometimes of looking for lucky omens. Half believing they are real. All in fun. As I reached for the milk I noticed the sell by date. 9/19. I was tickled. The date my daughter had requested to come home on leave. She hadn't been approved yet. Good Omen! Yay! I turned the corner in the store. I needed bread. Eight loaves of my brand lined the shelf, single stack. Most of the time it's double stacked. Ah! Delivery truck must be due. I hope it won't expire too soon. With just two of us we don't go through bread very fast. I always check the dates to get the further along one, hoping it won't go stale on us.  I reached for a loaf and pulled it forward. The date: 9/11. I shoved it back and reached for another. 9/11. One by one I pulled loaves down. 9/11. 9/11. 9/11and shoved them back. Why would they use that date I wondered? Make the day before. Two days before, whatever. Does the company even consider it? I imagine not. But I do.
When I turned that corner I had a huge reminder of why I was happy about milk dates and looking for good omens. 13 Years ago all of us were changed forever. We will never be the same. 13 years ago today is why my daughter is where she is. I want to take this time to thank my child for the sacrifice she chose to make to hopefully keep us from ever having a day like this again. She has sacrificed freedom, her home, her family. She is willing to give everything. For her desire to protect us all. Her country. Her people. From evil. Her freedom-For Ours.

NEVER FORGET.

My Child Never Has.

Prayers for our people during this bleak anniversary. Prayers for the family members and friends of the people we lost that day. Prayers for our service members across the world striving to make sure it never happens again.





Copyright 2011-2014 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

2 comments:

You Peeked!