I've been gone gone gone lately. It occurred to me that I actually go to some interesting places but I don't usually share it. I'm working. Even if I remember to bring a camera I usually don't have much time to use it. And quite honestly, I really suck at taking pictures. I tend to be very much in the moment and experiencing things with the immediate senses. Photo's are an afterthought. A few weeks ago I went to Savannah Georgia, which I was pretty excited about because I really love historic places and ADORE old buildings. But I was only there for 24 hours and a third of that was spent working and another good chunk spent sleeping and such.
But I did try to venture out. We stayed along the harbor downtown and it was pretty cool. But it was also hot. 98 degrees and severely humid. I don't do hot. So while many lovely and interesting things lay just down the block toward the squares, I didn't venture in that direction. I certainly hope to someday, for fun, and in The Winter. But it did occur to me that it may be interesting to share on my blog. So here. I took some pictures for you. I gave up on trying to keep strangers from being posted here against their will because there were people freakin everywhere. So if anyone in the witness protection program is here, I'm terribly sorry. Check the lady in the blue dress. She looks like she's about to come across the street and whack me one. Maybe she was just hot.
Heres the street.
and again
and yeah
Here's a really awesome building with a fountain from 1908
This is a bell that I'm pretty sure the sign said used to be at the entrance to the city.
It's in a steeple.
This is a great building.
This is rock in honor of the Lutherans that fled to Savannah to escape persecution, which I found fascinating because I'm Lutheran and had no idea they had anything to do with Georgia. It's in German. I stared at it for 5 minutes trying to make it out before I realized it was written in English underneath. Then I spent 5 more minutes being confused about why it was there until I noticed there was a sign next to it explaining it.
And then I was done. Because it was hot. One note to consider. To get to the waterfront you have to traverse steep narrow stairs with risk of death warnings on them or navigate down a steep hill paved with uneven stones. A perilous trap for someone with 3 ankle injuries under her belt...wearing flip flops. If I had known I'd have brought my hiking boots. It did bring to mind that Savannah is well known as a place to get lit. Particularly on Saint Patricks Day. I was stymied as to how anyone who is drunk could ever navigate the place and come out alive. I mentioned this to Biggest who is a Savannah fan and she answered with the wisdom of experience. She said, "Oh yes, I figured out the only way to walk safely in Savannah is if you ARE drunk." So there you go.
I also went to Pensacola Fl. recently. Pretty sure it's a good place for people who like boats and fishing. Here's a picture.
And another.
Enjoy.
It was hot there as well.
Tomorrow I'm going to Daytona Fl. I'm not taking pictures. I spend a great deal of time in Daytona because our biggest client is there. Don't buy the tourist commercials. It's awful. Unless you are a biker or a Nascar fan. In that case have at it. It's all yours. It's hot there too.
Copyright 2011-2014 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.


.jpg)


How I ever managed to do hot is beyond me, but I certainly don't do it now. You did excellent, considering it was HOT!
ReplyDeleteI don't know about you, but I'm ready for a little cool.
YES! Being home doesn't help. 99 degrees! OY.
DeleteYOU don't suck at pictures, you just don't take many. I suck at taking pictures, and I take them incessantly. Funny how that works. I don't do hot either, although it occurs to me that I HAVE been drunk in Savannah, Georgia, which makes me feel a tiny bit closer to you. Of course, the two times this summer when I could have USED some hot (camping in August, cottage tomorrow), it's cold. Whatever, I still prefer it to hot.
ReplyDeleteI'm totally getting drunk the next time I'm in Savannah ; )
ReplyDelete