Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Good Things
When I sit on my upstairs balcony the birds sometimes cut right through it swooping past my face on their way to the feeder at the kitchen window.
The other day as I sat there, the hummingbird that frequents the hibiscus out back hovered directly in front of my face, not 3 feet away, and chirped at me three times. Something I have never experienced before and it was awesome.
The deep gold fall wildflowers are blooming at the end of my yard and they are gorgeous.
The baby squirrels Biggest raised are grown and were released in my backyard with an open cage for safety and they are doing fine. They are adjusting well to the wild world but still will occasionally pop down onto a shoulder for a special treat.
Littlest can still be heard in the kitchen singing and the other night I heard something I haven't heard since I left my parents home and brothers behind. A male voice joining in with her to add to it's fullness. Her boyfriend of two years was singing with her. It was lovely.
Since she's been home Middlest has begun a series of drawings depicting her soon to come niece, and the menagerie she is being born into, with the thought of a possible children's book and they are wonderful, even if they only become a personal treasure.
Biggest was over and for the first time I felt my granddaughter kicking up a storm. Just like her mama, no doubt ; )
Today is the first day chilly enough to wear a sweater, even though I'm not going out.
I'm supposed to go to the mountains in a week which is the place that restores me.
It is still October.
And I have a pumpkin.
: D
Copyright 2011-2013 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
At Home with Ms. G.
(7)
Biggest Stories
(1)
Breaking My Own Rules
(4)
Bursts of Enthusiasm
(9)
Cheesy Goodness
(3)
FRUSTRATION
(6)
Go USA
(5)
Happy Thoughts
(1)
Hormone Holidays
(1)
I HATE JULY
(1)
Indelible
(10)
Just Don't
(3)
Littlestisms
(6)
Middlest Moment
(3)
Middlest Stories
(1)
No. I'm Not Drunk.
(2)
Now That's Bad Poetry
(2)
observation
(3)
Oh Hell It's Spring.
(2)
Sad Facts
(8)
Scream Stop
(6)
she's posting music videos again
(22)
there she is with the kids again
(5)
Unrequested sharing of limited talents
(1)
What's Wrong With Your Kids Again?
(2)
Work? What?
(9)
Yay Weather
(2)
You hear that Elizabeth I'm comin to join you Honey
(1)
You know it is...
(2)
Well, this is lovely, and good because I am finally remembering to put this one on my blogroll. I want to put a line of hugs around this post. 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. (Big ones).
ReplyDeleteThanks Allison. You've been a good friend listening to me lose it : ) Hugging back-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
ReplyDelete