Pages

Friday, December 23, 2011

The Week Before Christmas

Twas two days before Christmas
and all through the house
the air conditioner was running
while I did grouse

The flip flops were flapping
all snug on our feet
While we visualized ice storms
to help beat the heat

And Papa in his t shirt
and I in my tank
Came to agreement
That this temperature stank

When out on the lawn
So noisy and crass
We could hear a lawn mower
 Fighting back grass

Away to the window
I creep over to peek
Everything was green
On Christmas week

The children just sighed
Observing the weather
So much for wearing
That new Christmas sweater

But the lights they will twinkle
And we will be of cheer
Because we have the spirit
If not winter this year

And you'll hear us exclaim
With no snow in sight

Merry Christmas To All!
And To All A Good Night : )


© 2011 All Rights Reserved By Ms. G.

5 comments:

  1. Very cute... That is our weather too. Warm, and a bit windy. Not a bit of snow or rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha... EXCELLENT! We have a tad of cool, but are expecting RAIN. I can hardly wait... NOT.

    Merry Christmas, Ms. G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Unfortunately, we didn't get any snow for Christmas either. Maybe next year...I do love a white Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... I'm in Orlando. Nuff said? I absolutely could not get into the Christmas spirit this year. I have a poinsettia on my porch and a sprinkling of Christmas cards on top of the bookcase. The End...

    I absolutely HATE a warm Christmas!

    I love your poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha! i heard it's been pretty balmy your way. we actually had a green christmas here, if you can believe it??!!?? kinda stunk. cold and dreary, of course. and more brown than really green. now we have a bit of pretty snow but it is supposed to melt and maybe rain today. wish mother nature would pick a temp and stick with it. my sinus doth protest!

    ReplyDelete

You Peeked!